Changes to the practice of real estate must be made with care to avoid unintended negative consequences, enhance consumer protection and reflect the dynamic nature of the real estate profession.
BCREA recommends that the Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate:
- Implement changes to agency and disclosure rules carefully and with sufficient time to educate REALTORS® and consumers.
- Include in a regulatory code of conduct the consumer related elements of the REALTOR® Code.
- Collaborate with BCREA to examine brokerage issues and identify solutions that support competitive diversity and consumer choice.
- REALTOR® call to action (February 1, 2018) – requires REALTOR Link® login
- Status of IAG recommendations (last updated: December 17, 2017) [ we’ll provide the PDF ]
- BCREA response to rule changes (November 17, 2017)
- Superintendent of Real Estate approves new rules (November 15, 2017)
- BCREA response to draft rule changes (October 6, 2017)
- BCREA letter to Finance Minister Carole James regarding draft rule changes (September 8, 2017)
- Public Trust Matters: Responses to the Recommendations of the Independent Advisory Group (September 2016)
- Independent Advisory Group Report (June 28, 2016)
- BCREA’s recommendations to the IAG (April 2016)