REALTOR® safety is important. BCREA advises REALTORS® to take precautions and help ensure their safety in their day-to-day business. Here are a few recommendations:
- when meeting clients, especially for the first time, meet in your office or a public space,
- have more than one person at meetings and open houses,
- always have a cell phone at your side,
- ensure that a colleague, friend or family member knows where you are at all times, and when you will be back,
- don’t publicize personal information, and
- always trust your instincts.
- Tips from The Canadian Real Estate Association (requires your REALTOR Link® login)
- Open House Checklist
In support of the Saanich police’s ongoing investigation and the victim’s family, BCREA continues to post a reward of up to $25,000 for information that leads directly to the apprehension and conviction of the perpetrator in the unsolved 2008 murder of REALTOR® Lindsay Buziak. Please contact the Saanich Police with any information relating to the case at 250.475.4356 or email@example.com, or by contacting Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8477(TIPS).